** Salaried GP Vacancy - ACCRINGTON 6 - 8 sessions per week available **
mbi Medical are working closely with a GP surgery based near Blackburn (Accrington) who are looking for GP's to join their dynamic, friendly and supportive team. They have 6 -8 sessions available but can be felxible on the amount taken.
Sessions: 6 -8 Flexible
Days Required: Flexible
Salary: £9,000 - £10,000 per session
Start date: Flexible (Ideally September/October)
About the Practice
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, highly motivated Salaried GP to join our friendly and supportive team.
We are a large forward-thinking practice with more than 15,500 patients, based in an excellent, modern purpose-built premises, in the centre of Accrington. Due to a growing list we are now looking to recruit a new Salaried GP and this allows us to be flexible in terms of session numbers and days of working.
We have regularly catch up and coffee with clinical and admin team members in the staff room every Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning at 10.15, although in recent times this has gone virtual. The ‘huddle’ often also involves cake but more importantly is an informal opportunity to meet with the team and discuss the day ahead and is much valued by the team. We have regular practice meetings, with a structured meeting rota including whole staff meetings, clinical meetings, safeguarding meeting and protected time for training.
We have a multidisciplinary, clinical team made up of Doctors, Advanced Nurse Practitioners, Paramedics, Pharmacists, First Contact Physios, a range of specialised Nurses including a dedicated housebound team and Health Care Assistants. The practice benefits from a well structured and established management team which is led by a Practice Operations Manager. Our partners currently are involved in GP training both in the practice and at deanery level as part of HENW, Practice Leadership, CCG representation and PCN working. We would be happy to support and encourage your professional development to add to our diverse and enthusiastic team.
We love to teach - We are a well-respected training practice for GP trainees, Foundation Doctors and medical students and we have close links with Health Education North West. We would also welcome and support an interest in teaching or becoming a GP trainer alongside our current trainer although this is not essential.
We are an evolving practice open to new ways of working – we are an IT exemplar practice for the CCG. We have taken on new IT software to improve Chronic Disease Prevalence, patient safety, clinical coding and prescribing safety. We are embarking on a new project to virtually eliminate documents being sent to GPs. Our aim is to work smarter using our whole practice team and available IT support to safely reduce unnecessary GP workload system wide.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who shares our commitment to delivering high quality patient care, and who has the interest and energy to join with us in further developing the Practice.
The successful candidate will:
- Be flexible in approach, professional at all times with a kind and caring disposition that satisfies the needs of our patient cohort.
- Want to join a driven, fast paced, innovate group.
- An ability to respond to the various demands and challenging circumstances of general practice is welcome.
- A full-time post is normally based on 8 sessions, 4 days a week 8am – 6:30pm, 1 hour for lunch with 1 day off per work. Flexible working requests will be considered
- FTE salary of between £72,000 - £80,000 (Equivalent to £9,000 - £10,000 per session.)
- Opportunity to work extended hours at enhanced rates.
- NHS Pension Scheme.
- Generous holiday entitlement (Up to 30 days a year.)
- A comprehensive induction programme, with no patient facing time for the first week.
- An extensive CPD programme including monthly protected time for mandatory training.
- Well established practice providing a high standard of primary care.
- Innovative practice to enable a different way of work, including a relentless drive to reduce workload.
- Opportunity for additional responsibilities, including teaching.
- Clinical system – EMIS Web.
- 15,500 patient list.
If this would be of interest and you'd like to know more, please do not hesitate in contacting me.
Please contact Simon@mbi-medical.co.uk or 01992 568 480.