Medical Director (primary care) vacancy in Sussex
Contact: Jane Mules – Managing Director
Contact Email: (cc: )
Contact Phone: 01273 265800
Organisation: Sussex Primary Care
Location: Brighton & Hove (Sussex)
Post Code: BN2 3EW
Job Title: Medical Director (primary care)
Hours: 6 Sessions (rate £14,600 per session)
Reports to: Managing Director
Medical Director Vacancy:
Are you passionate about supporting primary care at a time when the NHS has never been under such pressure?
That’s our focus at Sussex Primary Care. We are working with GPs, practice staff and patients to achieve a different kind of future for primary care.
We are looking for a new Medical Director to join our relatively new and growing organisation that’s driven by the sole ambition of delivering excellent care to our population while looking after the people who do the caring.
Sussex Primary Care (SPC) manage a number of GP surgeries across Sussex. The business is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust (SCFT) and was set up to support GP practices looking for a different way of working, forming a unique and innovative partnership between GP services and NHS Community Services.
We are approached by the practices for varying reasons but usually succession planning, we undertake a full review of the practice and if deemed feasible we will offer to take on the GMS contract and employ all staff under SPC, including the GP partners who become SPC employees. We then in partnership with the practice staff run the practice.
We’re all about providing the best possible care to our patients at the same time as supporting our primary care workforce.
We’re an organisation committed to learning from our staff and patients.
You can find out more about SPC here
What We Need
As the Senior Clinical voice within the organisation you will:
- Advise the SPC Board.
- Provide clinical leadership across the GP practices lead on clinical governance across the organisation.
- Be a key member of the SPC team, working closely with the MD and the growing team to develop and deliver strategic objectives.
- Be a ‘Director’ of SPC Ltd.
- Be fully indemnified for these roles.
- SPC Central Team
- SPC GP Practices
- GP Practices across Sussex
- Sussex Clinical Commissioning Group
- Clinical Leads and Practice Managers
- PCN s
- Medical School and Research Team
- Be a member of the SPC Board leading and advising on clinical elements of decision making.
- Be the Caldicott Guardian for SPC.
- Be a signatory to the SPC GMS/PMS contracts with comprehensive support and indemnity from SPC.
- Provide clinical leadership to ensure on-going CQC compliance and implementation of national guidance in all SPC Practices.
- Develop strong relationships with local medical schools/ universities to create robust career pathways into SPC.
To arrange an informal chat with our Managing Director Jane Mules about this opportunity or for information on our other Salaried GP Roles please contact us on 01273 265800 or