Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment, and cure. In 2020 Alzheimer’s Research UK launched the Early Detection of Neurodegenerative Diseases (EDoN) Initiative, an innovative collaboration which aims to develop a digital tool that will allow the early detection of dementia-causing diseases.
EDoN brings together experts in data science, digital technology and neurodegeneration to collect and analyse clinical and digital health data (like sleep, gait, heart rate, smartphone interactions etc.) and use machine learning to identify patterns of early disease. The ultimate goal is to integrate the measurement of the most useful digital markers into a cost-effective, non-invasive digital Toolkit that doctors can use to detect specific dementia-causing diseases at a population-wide scale.
We are looking for a clinically active GP with experience of implementing digital technologies into primary care to act as a part-time advisor to EDoN. The advisor will dedicate 1 session a week to support the Clinical Hub and Health System Engagement workstreams of the initiative, with a central point of contact within ARUK’s Research Informatics team.
The successful candidate will bring a primary care perspective to the work of these multidisciplinary groups, attending key meetings and providing views and experiences to inform decision-making. They will support EDoN in building a strong network of stakeholders and lead projects relating to the future roll-out and use of the EDoN Toolkit in primary care.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Attending Health System Engagement Group and Clinical Hub virtual meetings (where appropriate and possible around existing clinical commitments) and ad hoc workshops or meetings in line with the responsibilities of the role.
- Commenting on or producing documents to support the delivery of the Clinical Hub and Health System Engagement Group plans.
- Providing views and experiences to inform decision-making.
- Representing primary care perspectives and collating views of others within the profession to feed into the Groups.
- Leading workstreams or pieces of work relating to the roll out and use of the EDoN Toolkit in primary care.
- Using existing Networks to support EDoN in establishing a strong network of stakeholders.
- Acting as a sounding board for other areas of the EDoN project, including the Digital and Analytic Hubs leading the delivery of the EDoN research programme.
Location: Mainly virtual (with occasional in person meetings)
Salary: To be agreed with successful candidate
Hours: Flexible Consultancy Agreement - 1 session per week (approx. 3 hrs)
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more details.
The closing date for applications is 26 September 2021, with interviews likely to be held between 5-14 October 2021. We would encourage applicants to submit their application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Should we wish to contact you to arrange an earlier interview this will be arranged based on the availability of the candidate and the panel. Please indicate in your cover letter if you are unable to attend on a particular day.
In order to be considered for this role, please create an online account using our which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies page.
Once you have created your online account, you will be able to apply for this role, and can attach your CV and covering letter to your application. You will also be able to track your application and view other vacancies that may be of interest. (We recommend that you use Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer as your browser when applying online).
Submitted CVs and covering letters will be shared with EDoN members that will be part of the interview panel (from the Clinical hub and the Health Systems Engagement Group) in line with GDPR.
Similar searches: Nationwide
More search results
Salaried GP, Wigan- With View to Partnership
Salaried GP, Irlam
Menlo Park Recruitment
General Practitioner Role near Fraser Island, Que…
Prospect Health - Australia and New Zealand
Seeking a Salaried GP (6-8 Sessions Per week) – B…
Bourne Galletly Medical Practice
Salaried GP vacancy in Leamington Spa
Sherbourne Medical Centre