GP Job, Darwin and the Northern Territory, Australia
If you have thought about moving to Australia to find a job as a GP, consider the amazing, life enhancing change a move to Darwin, the most northerly Australian city, would offer you.
GP Jobs available in the Darwin area of Australia offer life changing, flexible working hours, with negotiable contracts offering a working week of between 32-40 hours, salaries of up to £200k per year alongside minimal admin.
We can help you to find your dream job in Australia by…
- Providing you with an in-depth insight into the varied locations available within Darwin including practices, housing and schools available
- Organising all interviews and meetings with your future employer
- Negotiating your package to include additional benefits and allowances
- Supporting you to complete all licensing and visa applications
Darwin is the capital of Australia’s northern territory and the gateway to the beautiful and breath taking Kakadu National Park.
It’s easy access to the far east makes this a destination for holidays, the short 3 hour flight to Bali is akin to jumping on a plane from the UK to Spain! This also makes Darwin the gastronomic melting pot of Australia with access to amazing multi-cultural restaurants and bars.
The climate is warm and pleasant, with a tropical savanna climate and a wet/dry season, so it's perfect for those who enjoy warmer climates and being close to nature.
Package and Benefits
- Salaries dependent on a few different factors but can exceed £200k in some circumstances
- Flexible working hours
- Significantly reduced admin in comparison to what is required in the UK
- Relocation assistance - Up to $20k AUD dependent on location and commitment
- Incentive programmes in place which could drastically increase your earnings
- Accommodation and use of a car sometimes provided in top priority locations
- Conferences and CPD events often paid for
- Improved work life balance
- Help and support offered throughout the documentation process
- Career progression opportunities
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
You must have one of the below qualifications to start your journey to practice in Australia and apply for your certificate of equivalence with the RACGP:
- MRCGP (MRCGP International & iMAP are not accepted)
- FRACGP (Australia)
- FRNZCGP (New Zealand)
- CCFP (Canada)
- MICGP (Ireland)
- Fellowship with College of Family Physicians (Singapore)
- Bevis om kompetens som allmänpraktiserande läkare (Europaläkare) (certificate of specific training for general practice) (Sweden)
- Certificaat van inschrijving in een specialistenregister van huisartsen (Certificate of registration in a specialist register for general practitioners) (Netherlands)
- Título de Especialista en medicina familiar y comunitaria (specialist certificate in family and community medicine) (Spain)
What Happens Next?
The licencing process can take between 9 and 12 months but full support will be provided with our experts on hand to assist you every step of the way.
If you are interested in finding out more about a new GP Job in Australia and you have the necessary qualifications then please hit "Apply" and a notification will be sent to our Specialist consultant.
Similar searches: Australia