Department/Team/Faculty: Tamar Faculty
About the Department/Team/Faculty:
The Tamar Faculty supports over 1250 members, across Devon and Cornwall. The Faculty is a group of volunteer RCGP members who provide local networking, education and support for members in the area. We provide a range of CPD, Wellbeing and professional development courses, as well as a bursaries and awards to recognise innovation and development. This includes our annual study day, offering a mentoring service to First5s and supporting colleagues in training through our AKT and CSA course.
About the role:
As a First5 Faculty Lead, you will be an elected representative of your local faculty board and form a key part of the National First5 Committee.
- Point of contact for First5s locally
- Help identify the local needs of First5 members
- Provide a link between members, local faculty and wider College
- Organise member events tailored to the needs and interests of First5 members
- Identify local First5 needs in our member offering and work with the College to address these
- Attend at least two (of four) local faculty evening board meetings
- Contribute to work streams and working groups related to the First5 Committee
- Report back to First5 Committee and Membership Communities team on local initiatives and engagement
- Share information and best practice amongst other First5 leads
- Attend at least one (of three) National First5 Committee meeting per year
About the person:
RCGP is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of our membership. You don’t need to have any experience to volunteer in this role, but ideally you should be able to demonstrate the following skills and qualities:
- good interpersonal skills
- an ability to work as part of a team
- an ability to complete tasks effectively and efficiently
- willingness to uphold the value of RCGP. Our values are Care, Leadership, Excellence and Teamwork
Anything else important to this role:
It is important to note that there is a degree of flexibility in the role and that time committed may vary depending on your faculty, time of year or your personal capacity at any one time. Due to this it is important to remember that adaptations can be made where necessary.
Email address for more information: email@example.com