If you're thinking about working as a doctor in Australia, then a move to Canberra in the Australian Capital Territory with its laid-back lifestyle and more affordable cost of living than other cities in Australia may be the move you’re looking for!
A GP careers based in Canberra, could provide you with life-changing flexibility, with negotiable contracts offering 32-40 hour work weeks and annual salaries of up to £200,000.
Jobs are available in a variety of locations around Canberra, with the majority of medical practises located in or near a major suburban area.
We'll help you find the GP Jobs of your dreams in Australia by...
- Giving you a thorough understanding of the different locations available in Canberra, including practices, housing, and schools
- Scheduling all of your interviews and meetings with future employers.
- Negotiating additional benefits and allowances to boost the value of your package.
- Helping you with both licensing and visa applications
Canberra is the only major city in Australia to be inland but its laid-back lifestyle and family friendly sub urban living make it the perfect destination to relocate your family.
You will be surprised by how much there is to do in the capital city. From museums and theatres to lush parks and a booming dining scene, there’s always something to do in Canberra.
The climate in Canberra is warm and temperate making an outdoor lifestyle possible and one you can enjoy all year round.
Package and Benefits
- Salaries vary depending on a number of variables, but in some cases can reach £200,000.
- Hours of work that are flexible
- Significantly less administrative work than is needed in the UK
- Up to $20k AUD in relocation support, depending on location and commitment
- There are incentive programmes in place that could significantly boost your earnings.
- Accommodation and use of a car sometimes provided in top priority locations
- Conferences and CPD events often paid for
- Improved work life balance
- Help and support offered throughout the documentation process
- Career progression opportunities
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
You must have one of the below qualifications to start your journey to practice in Australia and apply for your certificate of equivalence with the RACGP:
- MRCGP (MRCGP International & iMAP are not accepted)
- FRACGP (Australia)
- FRNZCGP (New Zealand)
- CCFP (Canada)
- MICGP (Ireland)
- Fellowship with College of Family Physicians (Singapore)
- Bevis om kompetens som allmänpraktiserande läkare (Europaläkare) (certificate of specific training for general practice) (Sweden)
- Certificaat van inschrijving in een specialistenregister van huisartsen (Certificate of registration in a specialist register for general practitioners) (Netherlands)
- Título de Especialista en medicina familiar y comunitaria (specialist certificate in family and community medicine) (Spain)
What Happens Next?
The licencing process can take between 9 and 12 months but full support will be provided with our experts on hand to assist you every step of the way.
If you're interested in learning more about a new GP job in Australia and meet the requirements above, click "Apply" and a message will be sent to our Specialist consultant.
Similar searches: Australia