One Day Essential | Learning Disabilities
- One Day Essential | Learning Disabilities
- RCGP, 30 Euston Square, London NW1 2FB
- 12 Jul 2019
One Day Essentials is a series of one day conferences providing expert specialist clinical training and essential information.
The day will cover common acute and long term conditions in people with a learning/intellectual disability, improving patient outcomes, diagnostic skills, management in primary care and much more.
- Understand the definition of learning disability
- Understand the impact on individuals of having a learning disability
- Develop skills about the role of general practice in supporting people with a learning disability
- Gain insight into the premature mortality of people with a learning disability, its causes and the role of GPs in improving it
- Give consideration to the way practices can become positive places for people with a learning disability including the legislative requirements for reasonable adjustments
- Understand the role in positive health promotion and care planning that good quality annual health checks can make.